Bathroom Remodeling Ideas - 5 Ideas for Remodeling a Bathroom
Bathroom remodeling ideas can be used to transform the room into a comfortable, attractive, spa-like and functional space. Good ideas for remodeling a bathroom can help create a space for grooming and even for relaxing and indulging in after a long, tiring day. The bathroom is the most frequently remodeled room in the house.
Here are ideas for remodeling a bathroom to consider:
1. Access to Natural Light - bringing natural light in from the outdoors can open up the space visually, setting the mood in the room. Natural light can be uplifting and energizing in its effect on how you feel. A rather dramatic bathroom remodeling design idea you can use would be to consider adding a window, a skylight or roof window. A window will provide natural light or perhaps even give you a beautiful view to enjoy. If you are going to install a skylight, obtain the kind that can be opened and closed easily for ventilation.
2. Choices of Color - the colors used in a room can affect how you feel and can have an impact on the visual appearance of the space. The use of light colors will make the bathroom appear larger, and conversely, the use of darker colors will make the room appear smaller. Yellow, green, pink, white and blue are considered neutral, softer, cooler and relaxing. Red, darker blue, black, orange or other strong colors will be stimulating and high energy and they will make your room seem smaller than it really is. If the room is large, another of the ideas for remodeling a bathroom can be to use a mixture of these colors.
3. Plan for Storage - one cannot have too much storage in the bathroom. Storage reduces clutter and it hides items that do not need to be seen. Every bathroom needs a place for storing grooming supplies, cosmetics, cleaners, towels and much more. Consider adding shelves in areas where you think it may be possible. Shelves in corners can often take advantage of otherwise unused space. Perhaps there is room for a closet, chest of drawers or cabinet for your towels. If your room is small, use the space over the toilet to add cabinet storage or shelf storage.
4. Medicine Cabinet Selection - multi-purpose medicine cabinets work well for medications, toiletries and other accessories. A medicine cabinet can be purchased as a lockable unit so that small children cannot access it. Hooks, towel bars and pegs can be placed under the medicine cabinet so that towels can be hung there. Medicine cabinets are available in a wide variety of decor styles to complement the look of the room. In general, a recessed medicine cabinet will be more attractive than one that is not recessed.
4. Replace Existing Lighting - upgrading the artificial lights with brighter and better quality lighting can easily make a big difference in the attractiveness of your room. Have you noticed how well lit the showrooms are in home furnishing stores? And if dimmer switches are included, you can raise or lower the light level to suit your mood, high for grooming, low for relaxing in that warm, cozy bath. And the choice of light fixture styles and finishes will complement the decorating style of your home. Consider using sconces, recessed lighting and even chandeliers in the bathroom.
5. Install Mirrors or Pictures - it may not be necessary to spend a lot of money on a quality mirror. You can use a basic looking mirror or one with attractive designs, depending on what you prefer. Mirrors are especially good to use in smaller spaces as they reflect light and help make the room seem larger than it really is. If there is space, a picture can work well to make the room more interesting.
As you can see, there are plenty of ideas for remodeling a bathroom that may not even require the services of a contractor. Enjoy the planning process, learn as much as you can and use your imagination when collecting and implementing your bathroom remodeling ideas. Having a comfortable, attractive and functional room reflecting your personal style means you will have a special place to enjoy for many years to come.
Copyright 2007 InfoSearch Publishing